Cinsaut, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo and Carignan.
Wine making & fining:
- Harvest: Exclusively manual harvest on the state vineyards.
- Vinification: After destemming, berries are crushed before being placed in tanks. Alcoholic fermentation and maceration takes place in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks for a period of one to three weeks with temperatures ranging from 23 to 26 degrees depending on the variety. Fermentation takes place in concrete tanks.
- Ageing: Maturation in tanks for at least 24 months, then 10% of the wine is aged in one year old barrels.
- Bottling: At the château, 28 months after vinification and stability control, using premium 44-24mm natural corks.
- Clear and bright, dark ruby.
- The first bouquet is fresh and of good intensity, revealing subtle notes of morello cherry, pepper and licorice as well as spicy and slightly smoky notes. The second bouquet is more delicate offering notes of leather and blackcurrant, forest fruit, blueberry and vanilla. The nose is clear, flawless, delicate and complex.
- Serve it at around 16 degrees.
- Food Affinities: Lebanese mezze, grilled meats as well as slightly spiced dishes.
- Potential aging: A good ageing potential of five to eight years. Drink it young to best enjoy the freshness and fruit.
Double Gold Medal, CWSA China Wine & Spirits Awards