Obeidy - The indigenous white grape of Lebanon
Obeidy is one of the local indigenous Lebanese white grapes, originally used to produce the renowned Lebanese alcohol ‘Arak’. The Chateau St. Thomas Obeidy wine is created as tribute to the country in partnership with Wine Mosaic in an effort to help preserve and promote native Lebanese grapes. The cost of Obeidy wine is higher than other wines, because this kind of a grape is very sensitive and it loses around 40 percent of its harvest in order to produce good quality wine. The wine itself blends a sweet overtone with a pleasing finish that is fruity and grassy A Very refreshing summer white wine that reflects the original taste of the Lebanese Terroir
100% Obeidy Lebanese local indigenous grape variety..
Wine making & fining:
Low and controlled fermentation temperature then fining in stainless steel tanks for 6
months. No malolactic fermentation.
- Very light color with green reflection, clear & brilliant.
- Citrus notes (lime, grapefruit), mineral, floral notes and sweet spices.
- Serving temperature: 8-10° C
- Food Affinities: Lebanese Mezze (hommos, tabboule,…), salads, appetizers, cold cuts,…
- Potential aging: 2 to 3 years