Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah
Wine making & fining:
- Harvest: Exclusively manual, with the selection at the vineyard of the best grapes from the best clay-chalk soils.
- Vinification: 60 hl oak barrels for a maceration period of five weeks including five days of cold pre-fermentation maceration.
- Ageing: 18 months in fine-grained French oak barrels, 100% new.
- Bottling: At the château, 28 months after vinification and stability control, using premium 44-24mm natural corks.
- A deep ruby colored wine, clear and brilliant with garnet-colored reflections.
- The first bouquet is very intense with notes of fresh red fruit, chocolate as well as
aromas of menthol, cigar, blackberry, forest fruit and cloves. There are second notes of sandalwood, leather and glazed red fruit.
- Serve between 17 and 18 degrees and decant for at least one hour before drinking
- Food Affinities: Sauced game, dishes cooked with black truffles and matured cheese.
- Potential aging: Can be drunk immediately, but will improve for at least 25 years if laid down correctly.
92/100 in Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate