Syrah, Marselan and Cabernet Franc
Wine making & fining:
- Harvest: Exclusively manual on the estate vineyards followed by optic sorting.
- Vinification: Maceration takes place for two to three weeks in stainless steel vats, according to their phenolic potential and maturity level. Vinification at a controlled temperature of 24-25 degrees with short pump overs. Malolactic fermentation takes place in concrete tanks.
- Ageing: 59% of the wine is matured in oak barrels: 26% in new barrels, 74% in one-year
old barrels and the remaining wine in vats for 18 months.
- Bottling: At the château, 28 months after vinification, using premium 49-24mm natural
- A brilliant clear purple, with silver highlights.
- The first bouquet is expressive with a good intensity. Complex, it reveals notes of smokiness, vanilla and coffee that subtly combine with pronounced notes of blackcurrant and black cherries. The wood gives way to notes of licorice, pepper and curry.
- Serve at around 17 degrees
- Food Affinities: Grilled meat, cheese, as well as lightly spiced dishes.
- Potential aging: Between 8 and 12 years
Double gold medal, CWSA China Wine & Spirits Awards